Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Little and kinda funky laundry re-do…

…But first


a word from our sponsor


that would be me


I%20HATE%20LAUNDRY%20ROOMS


No…I didn’t do this, nor is it in our laundry room


But Ohhhh if it were.


I tackled what I thought would be an easy peasy spiff up to our laundryroom/back door.


I had the wood {ish} flooring waiting for awhile in the garage.


I used mexican tile on the counters. That was once many moons ago going to go in the kitchen.


I found a cabinet in the as is dept at IKEA for 50 clams


…and so I started…


and here is where I end up…


IMG_4788


I painted the side of the cabinet in blackboard paint…to the left is the door


to the garage. In case you really care.


Added shelves attached from the cabinet to the wall…to create more storage and somewhat of a nook


for the washer and dryer. When that dryer dies and goes to dryer Heaven which it will...soon.


we'll get the dryer brother to the washer...then build a counter on top...and maybe even doors or a skirt...or neither. keepin' ya on your toes.



Inside the 50 clam cabinet…


important stuff. Toilet paper and rubber gloves?


don’t ask.


IMG_4790


Even found a good place for my house numbers I brought back from Argentina…


i was on a roll…


IMG_4744


Then…inspired by our old madge coathangers


I decided to dabble in a little bit of an orangey red. Mai Tai by Ralph Lauren Paints


I was told I shouldn’t….


IMG_4749





IMG_4751





But I did


smack dab on the new door from


Home Depot….40 clams….run to your nearest…see if they are still


there!


the doors were 369 if special ordered….they had tons for 40 buckaroos.


yeppers.


IMG_4762


added a couple of cute barn lights.


I needed help with one….but


installed the ceiling light


and the house is still standing. Can I have an Amen!


IMG_4767


Oh…rug was a 5 buck steal at IKEA…won’t last forever


but am loving the punch of color!


IMG_4783


Um. The mosaic is what happens when you don’t measure your tile correctly


and you like to fly by the seat of your pants


and then you find an old rusted metal bird in the garage


and you just stuff him in too.


because.



IMG_4773


yeah, yeah…need to re-paint the cabinets and maybe change out the knobs


and…



IMG_4794



Oh yeah.


do some laundry.



maybe.



**I need to go round up some befores...then you might be a teeeensy bit impressed. At least I was. Teensily.


Post Title Little and kinda funky laundry re-do…