Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

An Easy Way To Lend A Helping Hand

Yesterday my husband showed me this t-shirt he wanted to order, and I thought the design was pretty cool. Then he told me that 100% of the proceeds goes to Salvation Army's relief fund for Japan.


My next thought was to write a post about this way to help, but I wanted to know exactly what amount of the $20 was designated as "proceeds". After writing a quick email we heard back right away. Thanks to the support of a donor, who is covering the production costs, the entire $20 goes to support Salvation Army's relief efforts in Japan. This is impressive! The t-shirt can be ordered here.

Salvation Army also has made it possible to donate by texting the words "Japan" or "Quake" to 80888 to make a $10 donation, or make a donation via their website here.

The Red Cross also offers this option, text "Redcross" to 90999 to donate $10 as well, or visit their website to make other donations.

Post Title An Easy Way To Lend A Helping Hand