Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

No Sew Window Treatment

The WC has been in desperate need of a window treatment since we moved in well over two years ago. I should have just ordered one of the roman shades used in the main part of the bathroom, but as you may know...when moving into a new house the costs can begin to get out of control quickly.


I figured I'd just order one for the WC at another time. But before I could get to it the company went out of business. Wouldn't you know it!  


Wanting a cost effective solution, and knowing the shade will probably never be lifted (the neighbors, if they chose, could peer into this space from not one but three windows!) I'm making a simple no-sew window treatment. To begin the window was measured and a length of MDF trim cut to the correct width at Home Depot. I also picked up a canvas drop cloth, having been inspired by seeing them used for a lot of things other than protecting floors recently. It will be used instead of fabric. The rest of the supplies I already had on hand: brown grosgrain ribbon, stitch witchery, fabric glue and a couple screws.


I'm busy working on it as you read. Stop back by tomorrow, when I hope to have finished the shade and gotten it hung and photographed to show you!


Post Title No Sew Window Treatment