Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Flavorful Steakhouse Potato Salad



Up until creating this recipe (which is a copy from an expensive deli salad) I've had the terrible problem of a bland, blah potato salad. No matter what I added to my recipe, there was just no flavor. That's all changed. Now I have a delicious recipe that will never be left sitting in the bowl at the end of potluck.

Now, I'm not saying you have the same problem with your homemade potato salad but if you are looking for a flavorful potato salad that's a real crowd pleaser, give this recipe a try.

Flavorful Steakhouse Potato Salad

5 large russet potatoes, diced and boiled until tender
2 ribs of celery, diced
2 green onions thinly sliced
1/4 cup of diced red onion
4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
6 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
1/2 cup of another favorite veggie diced (I like to use cucumber, red pepper or radishes)

Dressing

1/2 cup of Lite Mayo
1/2 cup of Lite Miracle Whip
1 Tbsp milk
1/4 cup ranch dressing
1 tsp + of Steak Seasoning

Mix dressing ingredients together and add to all of the other ingredients. Toss well and refrigerate for several hours before serving.

Notes:  We all like differing levels of creaminess in our potato salads, so feel free to tweak my dressing ingredients to get the result your family likes the best.  We fall somewhere in the middle of dry and extra creamy so that's what you get with this recipe.  Now, the real secret to the flavor in this recipe is the steak seasoning. I would start off using 1 tsp. of this seasoning (I use McCormick's) and then after tasting the potato salad, add more if you think it needs it.

George has rated this potato salad as his favorite, which is no small honor. I'm looking forward to bringing it to his family's reunion this summer and am planning on bringing the dish back empty.

Here's to the summer of empty potluck dishes!

This post is linked to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday

Post Title Flavorful Steakhouse Potato Salad