Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Start Of My Holiday Decorating

I know, I'm kind of skipping Thanksgiving.

But we are hosting a Holiday Party in two weeks
and how much time does a girl have?!



Having never really Done my home for the holidays, I've been mulling over what would be a smart approach. My idea is to start with the accessories I already have and simply dress them up for the season. It seems like a good place to begin. Not only from a budget point of view, but it is quick, easy and feels natural. The same house with a dressier outfit on.

The above took five minutes, tops. I filled a glass vase, purchased at Target a couple years ago, with the turquoise, gold and silver ornaments I picked up yesterday. When placed next to the Sunburst Hurricanes (found on clearance at Crate & Barrel last year), along with an adorable gold bird from Calico Corners, it looks quite festive.


Below more ornaments were arranged on a platter and placed on the kitchen sink window sill.
I love how the colors are reflected in the window.
One minute, done.


So far...loving it!

Up next: Don't expect to see the Griswold house here,
after meeting with the lighting guys.
I'll explain in my next post...



This post is attending "Holiday Linky Friday" at The Inspired Room & "Frugal Friday" at The Shabby Nest!

Post Title The Start Of My Holiday Decorating