Pages

Friday, April 18, 2008

5 Budget Busters

Mom 0f 2 boys has tagged me to list my five biggest budget busters.

Groceries- I count eating out in our grocery budget so everytime we get busy and eat out it ends up costing us and I go over budget. When I find good deals it is hard to say no and pass them by. I use my budget as a average so some months it is over and some might be under, but really we don't have the under- I see we are under and buy more or eat out.

Library/video fines- I am horrible at getting them back on time! I owe $20 at the library right now. I have used my daughter's card at check out so I don't have to pay. It is for 5 videos that we were charged $1 a day each for a week.

Magazines and books- I love them and get a lot of magazine subscriptions with my birthday and Christmas money, but I am a sucker to buy more- especially at thrift stores and garage sales and check out lines.

Fees for the kids- I have two in baseball and we are spending about $8 a week for batting cages before the games. The coach will tell us to meet at the cages before each game and each time it is $2. My son forgot a drink from home and a gatorade was $1.50. We have to pay for the AP exams for daughter each semester at $84.00 each. Teacher and coach and team mom and helper gifts. My son needed $10 a week ago for their group Biology project. (They are making compost bins and researching how to build it and the best things to add and make a good compost. All her Biology classes are doing this and then they are going to sell the compost to the community.)

Remodeling/decorating- I over spend a lot on remodeling from what I budget for projects. Then I will find what I need or want for a great price. Just depends I guess. I hate to pass it up when I find the perfect thing I want. I always say that this is the end of this project and then I won't have to spend any more, then I find another project to do.

I am not going to tag 3 people- if you would like to join in just leave a message with a link and I will link to you.

Post Title 5 Budget Busters