Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

An Award Has Been Going Around...


Like a chain letter, but most certainly nicer, an award has been jumping around blogland. Here are the wonderful bloggers who have passed it on to me:


Marianne at Style For Living






Barbara at the Hampton Hostess



Thanks ladies!

Now to the rules: State 7 random things about yourself that people may not know, and then pass it on to 7 others.

Passing it on is easy, I could go on and on about all the blogs I read and enjoy and learn from. The sharing random thoughts about myself, not so much. So I've run those together in a quickie paragraph...it just feels odd to share tidbits in this fashion, not related to some topic in a post!

1) Well, as a firm believer you can't do it all, (at one time anyway) to make room for new ventures I've stopped taking on client design work. 2) At one point I thought I would pursue a career in music. 3) I worked in a fisheries for seven summers to pay for college: wet, stinky, cold and somehow, strangely, a lot of fun. 4) I do not like the cold. And while I love where I live, this time of year I search real estate listings in warmer climates, just to make it worse? 5) I work fast, I move fast, it seems the older I get the faster I move. If it were the opposite I'd be concerned. 6) Blogging has actually changed my life. When I stop to think about that fact it seems very bizarre. 7) Yes, the rumor is true. I do wake up at 5 a.m. to find time to catch up on emails and blogs before the kids get up. I have found a great many new blogs that I wish I had even more time to read.

Which leads to the passing it on part. Here are seven of these recently discovered blogs, they definitely deserve to receive this Stylish Blogger Award. Enjoy!


Stefanie at anna and blue paperie writes a wonderful blog and designs the most adorable stationery, gift cards, party decor and more!


Kristen at Cottage Modern is a designer specializing in kitchen and bath remodels and recently redid her own kitchen...you must check out the before and afters on her blog. It will offer up hope to anyone with a kitchen well past its prime!

DIY by Design

Judy from DIY by Design is a talented blogger who shares wonderful projects she is tackling in her home. I know if she lived down the street from me we'd be great friends...and shopping buddies on the hunt for a great find!

Modern Country Style

Sarah lives in England and is doing wonders transforming her English Edwardian home full of charm and quirky character. I would like to meet her, most certainly!

pink wallpaper

Shannon at pink wallpaper sells the best pieces of fabric through her blog, click on 'the designer's attic' button on the sidebar. Also, if you are a mom read her latest post, "I Try". I know a lot of us can relate!

design*dump

Autumn from design*dump offers up inspiring posts with a really sharp eye, which makes sense when you look at the collection of rooms she and her contractor husband have produced together. What a talented team!


And finally, let me close with another outstanding kitchen renovation. Lisa just posted the final results of the work she and her guy did on their kitchen. What amazes me most, apart from the fact it is gorgeous, is the amount of inventive thinking and work they put into this project to make it a success.

And now back to the regular programming schedule...coming up tomorrow: Bedding Trends, my latest Ideabook for Houzz. I'll be curious to hear if you give these trends a thumbs up or thumbs down!

Post Title An Award Has Been Going Around...